TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thank you for accessing the New Harbour Distillery website. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to You (the user) whilst accessing the New Harbour Distillery website (the ‘Site’) and its related channels. This Site is operated for the purpose of promoting alcoholic beverages.
Acceptance of Use
Users of this site are bound to the terms and conditions detailed below. By accessing the Site, You should be:
- Of legal age for purchasing and consuming alcoholic beverages in accordance with the regulations of your country of residence.
- In a country which permits the promotion and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Aware of how to consume alcohol responsibly.
For more information relating to responsible alcohol consumption please refer to https://aware.org.za/
If You do not wish to be bound by the terms and conditions detailed, You should not use New Harbour Distillery Site.
You, the user, should make use of the Site in accordance with the following conditions:
- You may not in any way, shape or form act on behalf of New Harbour Distillery or affiliated products/ individuals.
- You will not copy, download, reproduce, republish, frame, broadcast, transmit in any manner whatsoever, any material on the Site except as is strictly necessary for your own personal, non-commercial, home use unless otherwise agreed in writing with New Harbour Distillery.
- You will not express opinions on the Site or related channels that are crude, racist, sexist, vulgar or otherwise offensive.
- When participating in competitions or promotions from the Site or related channels you will ensure to abide by any specific rules set.
- You will refrain from infringing or disrupting the Site from functioning, exposing it to viruses or spams, breaching security or conducting any illegal activity which is likely to violate the rights of New Harbour Distillery.
- You will refrain from sending content from the Site to persons under the legal alcohol consumption/purchasing age.
Where relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor use of the Site and to remove any content which, in our sole discretion, may be offensive, illegal or otherwise questionable in any way or in breach of the terms and conditions.
The information contained on the Site may include views and opinions which, unless expressly states otherwise, are not those of New Harbour Distillery.
Users should access the New Harbour Distillery Site at their own risk.
Whilst we aim to ensure that the content on the Site is correct New Harbour Distillery cannot give any warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the Site. Nor can New Harbour Distillery guarantee that the Site will operate error-free, uninterrupted or free from any so-called computer viruses. The Site and its content are provided ‘as is’. New Harbour Distillery do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage You may encounter as a consequence of placing trust in the information found on the Site. Appropriate research should be taken by the user before placing reliance upon the content found on the Site. Any reliance placed on information found on the Site should be done at the users own risk.
Third Party Sites
New Harbour Distillery has no control of, accept no responsibility for and do not endorse any content found within third party sites which may be linked to New Harbour Distillery Site. Links to these sites are to ease access for the user. Any reliance placed on information found on third party sites should be done at the user’s own risk.
COVID-19 Terms of Service (Adjusted level 2)
Protect yourself and others. For further information and support on COVID-19, visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za
- COVID-19 Adjusted Alert level 2 is currently in place (as of 13 September 2021).
- The sale of alcohol is permitted.
- The transportation of liquor is permitted.
- As per the regulations: “Registered wineries, wine farms, micro-breweries and micro-distilleries may continue to operate in offering wine-tastings and other brew-tastings, and the selling of wine and other brews to the public for off-site and on-site consumption is permitted until 22H00 and further subject to strict adherence to social distancing measures and health protocols.”
Should New Harbour Distillery or one of its sub-brands run a competition the following terms and conditions apply:
- By entering our competitions, you confirm that you are of legal drinking age in your country of residence.
- Employees of the Promoter, their families and anyone professionally involved with these competitions are excluded from participating.
- You may only enter once unless otherwise stated by the competition.
- The competition will terminate at midnight (GMT) on the date set unless otherwise specified.
- Any competition entry containing individuals New Harbour Distillery consider to be under 18 will be excluded from the competition and New Harbour Distillery reserves the right to hide or remove this content from any of their digital channels.
- New Harbour Distillery reserve the right to exclude competition entries they deem to be illegal, explicit, abusive or offensive in any way and hide or remove this content from any of their digital channel.
- New Harbour Distillery reserve the right to exclude competition entries that appear to encourage irresponsible drinking or behaviour and hide or remove this content from any of their digital channel.
- New Harbour Distillery reserve the right to hide or remove content from any of their digital channels that contains references to competitors of New Harbour Distillery or any third party logos or trademarks.
Competitions - The Prize
- There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered unless the winner is in a country we cannot ship alcohol to and the prize is alcohol. In this instance, the winner will receive an alternative prize of equivalent value to that of the prize stated. Prizes are not transferable.
- Dependent on the competition, prizes containing alcohol may only be shipped to certain countries due to import restrictions. See Shipping & Delivery page for more details.
- If the prize is tour based, travel and accommodation expenses are not included in the offering.
Competitions - Winner Selection
- Winners will be chosen at random by an independent adjudicator.
- The winners will be notified via email after each competition has ended.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Some competitions may be specific to registered New Harbour Distillery users. Under these circumstances, if a competition entry is received by an individual who is not a registered user the entry will not be counted as valid.
- Data and/or files submitted on newharbourdistillery.co.za will be retained for the purposes of administering competition winners.
- Competition entrant’s consent to the Promoter's use and processing of the entrant's personal data/files in connection with the competition.
- The Promoter may use such details to let the entrant know about other products, services and promotions which they think may be of interest to the entrant.
- Participants consent to their submitted data/files being used for Marketing purposes by the Promoter but may opt out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If submitting a story, photo or video as part of a competition, the participant agrees to New Harbour Distillery (or one of their brands) making use of this content within online promotional channels such as websites and social media pages.
- Participants may opt out of receiving further emails from New Harbour Distillery, any of their brands or from 3rd parties and may request their details be removed from the database by emailing email@example.com.
Special Offer Codes
- Customers may only redeem offer codes for one transaction.
- Offer codes may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- All offers are inclusive of VAT and exclusive of shipping charges.
The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend or temporarily suspend the competitions at its absolute discretion, provided that it shall not exercise this right unreasonably. In all matters regarding these competitions, the decision of the Promoter will be final and binding. By entering competitions run by New Harbour Distillery, the entrant hereby agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Internet Merchant Terms
1. Detailed description of goods and/or services
Unless New Harbour Distillery is a business in the liquor manufacturing industry that sells spirits & beverages
2. Delivery Policy
All details regarding New Harbour Distillery Delivery policy can be found on in the footer menu of our Home page or at the link Shipping & Delivery
3. Return and Refunds policy
The Provision of goods and services by New Harbour Distillery is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, New Harbour Distillery, will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 5% administration. (View our Returns policy)
Damaged, lost or stolen parcels (where the fault lies with the Courier) and any defective products, will be replaced free of charge by New Harbour Distillery.
5. Payment options accepted
All transactions are secure and encrypted. We use Stripe International via 3D secure for all card payments.
We have direct security integration for any Mastercard, Visa, and American Express cards. Make an easy, secure online payment with your debit, cheque, or credit card.
You can choose from multiple options which suit your needs.
1. Use your Mastercard, Visa, or American Express (Credit or Debit Card) for payment on our website via Stripe.
3. Pay in four equal instalments with Payflex. Risk-free with ZERO interest!
4. Convenient and safe cashless payments via Apple Pay on any Apple device.
Please note: when paying with a Credit or Debit card some banks may charge a small cross-border transaction fee, as Stripe is an International Payment Processing System.
7. Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by New Harbour Distillery separately from card details which are entered by the client on Stripe's secure site. For more detail on Stripe refer to https://stripe.com/en-gb/privacy.
8. Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
New Harbour Distillery takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
10. Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and New Harbour Distillery chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, Unit 4, 5 Firgrove way, Firgrove Industrial Estate, Reeb Road, Macassar, Somerset West, 7130.
New Harbour Distillery may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
12. Company Information
This website is run by New Harbour Distillery Pty Ltd a private company based in South Africa trading as New Harbour Distillery and with registration number 2014/285538/07 and Nicolaas Janeke as sole Director.
13. New Harbour Distillery contact details
Company Physical Address: Unit 4, 5 Firgrove way, Firgrove Industrial Estate, Reeb Road, Macassar, Somerset West, 7130, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Unless otherwise stated, all contents of the Site are copyright to New Harbour Distillery Ltd Pty.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa